Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Screenwriter's Journey, 2.0

Progress, progress, progress! Seriously, God bless David Trottier. If any of you ever seriously think about writing, go out and buy The Screenwriter's Bible post-haste. I'm trying to follow everything to a T, and shake off my shortcut tendencies to ensure I give this my best effort.

I've become really attached to the story, it's characters and situations. I even have in mind who I would like for the two leads. The scary part is the actual writing of the thing. I have pages upon pages of prep work, and a 30-page first draft, now I'm gearing down to stepping out the scenes and onto writing a complete first draft. I still need to do a bit more research of the location and era, but as early as Monday, I will begin to write. I can hardly wait.

So, to give you a bit more info on what the story is actually about... it's a drama, mainly set in early 90s Pittsburgh, and is bookended in Philadelphia 1964 and Pittsburgh 200_. I will refrain from posting any plot description until I register my script with the WGA. You know, for safety reasons.

The idea has truly grown and been re-shaped since I first thought of it last year. Some of you who heard about the story when I first talked about it, may not even recognise some of it if I was to show you what it's become. The gist of it is still the same, but some of the details have developed into something more.

I've narrowed down my list of screenplay competition prospects from five to three. So my focus is now on: Nicholl, PAGE and Scriptapalooza. The deadline for two of them is April 15th and for the other is May 1st. With the material and prep work I have, I plan to do some revision on my completed first draft, right up to submission. Of course, the work won't stop there, as I plan to revise until perfect, and then start working on a marketing plan.

The story I have is nothing short of affecting. I just have to gather all my scruples together and write a fantastic script!

3 comments:

  1. Good day !.
    might , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
    Do you want to become an affluent person?
    That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://tatusikut.o-f.com/tepuzuba.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day !.
    might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://awezitova.o-f.com/rutaku.html
    and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
    There is no need to invest much at first.
    You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
    on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one project for several years,
    and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete

This blog format only allows the last 7 posts to be viewable on the first page. To see the older posts, navigate through the list of Labels on the side, OR click on 'Older Posts'.
Powered By Blogger